- Utilisation possible de serveurs de bases de données Microsoft SQL.
- La fonction calendrier est maintenant un plugin.
- La possibilité d'avoir un site multi-language.
- Une meilleur protection anti spam.
- Une gestion améliorée des utilisateurs avec une fonction "mass delete users".
- Un nouveau design pour la page d'information des comptes utilisateurs.
- Une mise à jour de FCKeditor.
Article source www.geeklog.net/article.php/geeklog-1.4.1
The official release version of Geeklog 1.4.1 is now available for download.
To recap the new features:
* Support for Microsoft SQL Server (in addition to the continued support for MySQL). This feature was single-handedly implemented by Randy Kolenko. We also owe thanks to Mark Evans for his help in testing and debugging it.
* The Geeklog Calendar is now a plugin, so it can easily be disabled or replaced.
* Multi-language support lets you create sites where the content changes when you switch languages. So you can have translated versions of articles and only show those in the visitor's preferred language.
* Better spam protection by including support for SLV and offering hooks for CAPTCHAs.
* Various other improvements, e.g. an option to "mass delete" users, a redesigned account information page, updated version of FCKeditor (now again including a file manager), and more.
With this release, we're also saying goodbye to the year 2006 as well as the Geeklog 1.3.x branch, for which support has now ended. Geeklog 1.4.1 is a recommended upgrade for all users of previous versions.
Those upgrading from Geeklog 1.4.1rc1 will find a list of all the changed files in the file changed-files in the docs directory. In case you're upgrading from beta 1 or 2, we suggest you replace all of the files.
There were no database changes over the betas or rc1, so there's no need to run the install script again. One theme change that we'd like to point out is for the file preferences/profile.thtml where the input fields for the user's location and homepage were accidentally restricted to 32 characters each. If you're using the Professional theme or a theme based on the 1.4.1 version of the Professional theme, please make sure to pick up this fix.
When upgrading from an earlier version (1.4.0 or 1.3.x), simply follow the upgrading instructions. Please note that there were a lot of theme changes that you may have to apply in case you're using a customized theme. Updated themes for Geeklog 1.4.1 should shortly be available from the usual places, e.g. www.geekdownloads.net